Incorporate Your Business in Malaysia by registering a Limited Company (Berhad)
Incorporate Your Business in Malaysia by registering a Berhad (Bhd.) @ RM 3,222.40 inclusive of SST charges.
1. Incorporation of Berhad:
The incorporation services of a Berhad service package includes the stated:
- Checking on availability of company registration name for 2 times (FOC) and an additional of RM 100.00 for 3rd subsequent name search;
- Appointment of directors with the latest updated IC (minimum is 2 and up to 4 directors during incorp) https://www.jpn.gov.my/en/core-business/identity-card/mykad-tukar-alamat-eng;
- Allotment of of company paid up (minimum RM 2.00);
- Standard online registration at SSM;
- Submission of Form 49 (section 14), 44 (section 14), 24 (section 14) & 9 (section 17) to SSM after registration;
- Preparing of 1st meeting minutes for board of directors and appointment of auditor;
- Preparing resolution for the Company to open bank accounts (maximum 2 accounts);
- 3 sets of certified true copies of incorporation documents (including E-copies of the Form 9 (section 17), 49 (section 14), 44 (section 14) & 24 (section 14);
- Using our registered business address as your Registered Office Address, Mail Collection & Email Notification and Professional Secretary Services;
- Free consulting on company’s incorporation related matters & shares methodology;
- Inclusive of company chop, common seal, share certificate book, minutes book & register book;
- Free compliance business checklist info http://www.cwca.com.my/blog/sdn-bhd-compliance-checkup-checklist/ on the need-to-do matters while doing business in Malaysia;
- With refer to the new Companies Act 2016, a public limited company (Bhd.) will be owned by at least TWO directors;
- To prepare a statutory meeting report for the Company’s first statutory meeting. FORM 51. Statutory Report. (COMPANIES REGULATIONS, 1966 – P.U. 173_66
- HC Tax Submission Task List.form
2. There are some businesses which are not for foreigners: Biz-Not-4-foreigners 2018
3. Our panel banker is UOB bank but the company are free to choose any banks in Malaysia.
4. For 100% foreign owned company, one of the director must reside at Malaysia with having a LHDN stamp duty paid tenancy agreement and also the director is not from BNM’s sanction listing https://amlcft.bnm.gov.my/AMLCFT04.html .
5. SME fundraising ecosystem in Malaysia:
6. Berhad Company (Berhad) which is known as Malaysian Public Limit company is one of:
- 2 types of companies limited by shares;
- Regulated by Companies Act, 2016;
- Separate legal entity like a normal human being where it can own, borrow, rent, sue, be sued and owns estate with using the owners’ name;
- Shareholders more than 50 person (public or private);
- Can be listed at BURSA through following compliance issued by Securities Commission Malaysia (SCM);
- Berhad company to continue function regardless the any changes to the owner even death unless to strike off through.
- A minimum of 2 directors (IC & Email add) with having residential address in Malaysia;
- A minimum of 2 shareholders (IC & Email add) to complete the incorporation however directors and shareholders can be the same person;
- Appointment of at least a CoSec be it in-house or external;
- To hold company’s statutory meeting within 3 months from the date on the incorporation certificate and the preparation of Statutory Report (Section 142)
Sample: FORM 51. Statutory Report. (COMPANIES REGULATIONS, 1966 – P.U. 173_66)
- Company’s activities and business address if any (supported by LHDN stamp duty paid tenancy agreement);
- Our standard CoSec retainer fees is RM 70.00 monthly;
- All company’s activities will be refer to our standard pricing.
- Completion of Audit report before AGM of the Company;
- To have AGM of the Company (AGM Corporate Governance Checklist 2020.pdf);
- Lodging the Company’s Annual Report to SSM.
- Whatsapp Dr. CK Chong @ 018 -66 33308 for preliminary round of audit for listing services.
A short read on listing at Bursa Malaysia Listing & Requirements:
In Malaysia, there are 3 markets: Main Market where the big companies are doing the fund raising and shares trading with