Checklist of ESD (Directors' Visa Application) & DP 10 (Professional Workers' Visa Application)
Application info for employment visa (director's visa application).
For the employment in all other sectors, a prior approval of post is required from concerned authorized body through Expatriate Services Division(ESD).
1.The Checklist for Expatriate application: Documents required for company registration 2509219
2. Jobs reserved for Malaysians and company are not encouraged to hire expatriate: Biz-Not-4-foreigners 2018
3. For application, applicants may directly do application at the Immigration's ESD Website: https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/
4. For a quick guide, the preference to foreign talent employed in the 12 industries under National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) as outlined in the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) of the Malaysian Government are:
The company on which you may apply Expatriate visa:
i. The entity must register with either SSM, Register of Society, Professional Firms, organizations supported by Ministries or international organizations supported by Foreign Minitries.
ii. Equity Capital (RM)
100% local owned 250,000.00
Local & Foreign owned 350,000.00
100% foreign owned 500,000.00
1.Foreign-owned companies (foreign equity at 51% and above) 1,000,000.00 operating in the Wholesale, Retail and Trade (WRT) sectors mandatory requirement to submit valid WRT approval letter.
2. Expatriate applicant must have a university degree or more than 5 years relevant experience.
3. The business concept has to be unique, bring benefit to the Malaysia’s economy as well as employment for the trade license to be approved under the 100% foreign owned structure.
4. The minimum salary must be RM 10,000.00 monthly and above with contract valid up to 60 months with the hiring company successfully registered with ESD.
Definition of Job Positions qualifying for Expatriate Professional work permits:-
These are high level (1st level) managerial post in foreign-owned private companies and organizations in Malaysia. Key post are posts essential for business to safeguard their interest and investment and this expatriates are responsible in helping organizations to achieve it. EXAMPLE: Executive Chairman, CEO, MD, General Manager, Technical Director, Factory or Production Manager.
They are intermediate level (2nd level) which is managerial and professional posts and normally the post requires academic qualifications, technical and expertise related to the respective jobs where they are the one to responsible to implement the organization's policies and supervision of employees. EXAMPLE: Marketing Manager, Logistic Manager, QA Manager, Engineers or Doctors.
The person needed to perform technical jobs that required technical skills. EXAMPLE: Fashion Designer, Mould Maker, Food Technologist or Welder. The chances of a successful application will be assessed on the criteria:
- Company's activities;
- Availability of Malaysian workforce;
- The appropriateness of the scope of the job in relation to the company's activity;
- Minimum monthly salary in defining the applicant is an expatriate of a foreign labor;
- The age and working experience is determining the candidate is suitable or not.
The criteria in becoming the tax resident:
Make Malaysia My 2nd Home (MM@H):
i. To qualify, an applicant under 50 years old must have at least RM 500,000.00 in liquid assets and a monthly income of RM 10,000.00. He or she must also open a Malaysian fixed deposit account of a minimum RM 300,000.00.
ii. Those above 50 must have at least RM 350,000.00 in liquid assets and open a fixed deposit account of a minimum RM 150,000.00
Apply directly at http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/apply-now/where-to-apply/apply-direct-with-us