The following questions were frequently asked by our foreign clients who tends to invest in Malaysia by incorporating a new company in Malaysia.
- I'm holding a foreign passport and can I incorporate my business here?
- For now, I must have 2 directors to incorporate the company and will it be the Malaysians?
- Rumours has it: I must give my 30% shares to a Malaysian!
- I can't be the director of I'm not holding the visa or permit?
Before we move on let's go back to basic in incorporating a company in Malaysia:
- At least 2 directors with residential addresses in Malaysia;
- The age of the directors must be at least 18 years old;
- Staying in Malaysia or has a residential address.
- Foreigners do not need Malaysian partners except certain industry;
- Foreigners don't need to give our shares to any person.
The rest are commonly like company name, business activities, IC or passport and total paid up. After all, Malaysia is a business friendly country and it's one of great economy tiger of Asia.