These are the top 10 questions when partners proceeding to a partnership or accepting shareholders:
1. Formation of the business's entity and principle place of business;
2. Purpose of the business and partners' or shareholders' roles and responsibilities;
3. Drafting and Duration of the shareholders agreement;
4. The authorize signatory for official company docs, delegate of jobs and cheques signatory;
5. Debts management, liability, clearance of resolutions and release of debts;
6. Accounting, tax, registered address and viewing of accounts.
7. Division of Profit and Loss, dividend policy, voting rights and frequency of meetings;
8. Partnerships's paid-up capital and procedures to do shares allotment or transfer;
9. Death, admitting, terminate and exit plans of a partner or shareholder;
10. Selling or winding of business.
If you want to read more, please download the PDF version of the checklist: Checklist on Shareholder Agreement